If you have no IT background but would like a career in IT, CTE provides the required training to get you equipped with a set of skills to help you secure your first IT job. It takes on average 3 months to get you fully equipped to land your first lucrative job. We work with reputable IT organizations to help with the employment of our graduates and also to help fund projects required to bring quality training. Click here to get more details about the curriculum.
A typical program follows 2 stages:
Stage 1: The Fundamentals
- Linux Admin Fundamentals
- Linux Storage Fundamentals
- Linux Network Fundamentals
Stage 2: Specialisation
Once you have gone through the fundamental stage, you can now specialize in an area of interest. CTE provides the following areas of specialization:
- Cloud Computing Architectures
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Microservices Application Development
- DevOps automation
Program 1: The AWS Cloud Computing Architecture Program (8 Weeks)
The cloud is the future. Irrespective of your field of study, a knowledge of the cloud will be required for almost all IT-related jobs, now and in the future. Due to companies migrating their compute, network, storage, and databases from traditional on-premise data centers to the cloud, there is a huge demand for professionals who are skilled on the cloud platform especially the AWS cloud platform.
The Cloud Computing Architecture prepares students to install, deploy, configure, manage, secure, and analyze cloud computing technologies (compute, storage, network, databases, Big Data analytics, etc). The course provides a strong understanding of the technologies involved in building cloud infrastructure and a comprehensive understanding of technologies, processes, and mechanisms required to build cloud infrastructure.
OBJECTIVE /PURPOSE OF COURSE:
The course starts by preparing the students with the fundamental skills required for the cloud. By studying the foundational courses, the students will have the necessary background required to learn how to architect on the cloud. Students will be qualified to take several certifications (at least 2 certifications) as a result of the learning provided in this course:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner training
- Cloud Practitioner Essentials
- Technical Essentials
- Business Essentials
- Test bank for student’s preparation
- Register and take AWS certified practitioner (Exam cost not included in the original cost of the class but can be waived)
- Prep for solutions Architect
- Linux Systems Essentials
- Linux Network Admin Fundamentals
- Linux Storage Admin Fundamentals
- OPTIONAL can then register and take the LPI 'LP1 Linux Essentials' cert exam. This exam cost is not included in the cost of the class.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate training
- Follows the official curriculum required to pass the AWS certified solutions architect
- Test bank for student preparation
- Register and take AWS Certified Solutions Architect exam (Exam cost is included in the cost of the class) Total Hours required for the training: 160 Hours (80-hour Lecture and 80-hour labs)
- Training Plan:
- Cloud Foundation and taking the certification exam, weeks 1 and 2
- Linux Network Admin Fundamentals (systems administration, MySQL), week 3
- Network, week 4
- Linux Storage Admin Fundamentals, week 5
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate, weeks 6-8
Each week is approximately 20 hrs/week for both in-class and offsite. Students will attend class but required to spend some time (offsite) studying/reviewing on their own. Students should commit 4 hours/Day and complete in 8 weeks.
Students can attend closes remotely.
Program 2: DOCKER CONTAINERS & KUBERNETES ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM (8 Weeks)
OBJECTIVE /PURPOSE OF COURSE:
Do you want to be at the forefront of technology innovation? The future of IT infrastructures is Multi-cloud, powered by Docker/Kubernetes. This course of instruction typically prepares individuals for Docker administrator, Kubernetes Administrator, Cloud Administration. The Docker Containers & Kubernetes Administration prepares students to install, deploy, configure, manage, secure, and analyze containerized environments. The course provides a strong understanding of technologies involved in building cloud infrastructure with an emphasis on multi-cloud, Docker containers, and Kubernetes.
Upon completion of this program, students will have the confidence required to start their career in a company migrating their applications to a containerized platform. The course starts by preparing the students with the fundamental skills required for the cloud. By studying the foundational courses, the students will have the necessary background necessary to learn how to manage containers on the cloud. Students will be qualified to take 3 certifications after the course:
- LPI Linux Essentials Certification
- Docker Certified Associate (DCA)
- Kubernetes Certified Administrator (KCA)
Taking the Kubernetes Certified Administrator (KCA) certification is recommended at the end of the training.
|Subject #||Subject Title||Course Time Hours Lec/Lab/Ext/Total|
|CTE001||Linux Systems Essentials||16/16/00/ 32|
|CTE002||Linux Network Administration Fundamentals||8/8/00/ 16|
|CTE003||Linux Storage Administration Fundamentals||8/8/00/ 16|
|CTE008||Virtualization and Docker Administration Training||20/20/00/ 40|
|CTE009||Kubernetes Certified Administrator Training||20/20/00/ 40|
|CTE017||Employment Skills & Job preparation, Revision for Docker & Kubernetes Administration Final Exam||8/8/00/16|
|Total Hours for Program Completion||80/ 80 / 00/ 160|
Programs for the Unemployed
If you are unemployed and would like to retrain to assist you with finding a job, Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) can sponsor you to take our training. You will need to contact TWC in the county of your residence. We will guide you through the process of the application to help you qualify. If you qualify for this scheme, the program tuition and the cost of the exams are all paid for.
You can use the following as a study guide and you can call the office today for more information and guidance.
The CTE Advantage
|At CTE, we hold you by the hand and help you learn the skills to become a DevOps Engineer. Our unique advantages are:
Register for free and try us today!